Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Why Choose SERVPRO?
Here to help ANYTIME!
Everyday someone's home suffers some sort of unforeseen damages. Whether the damages come from a chicken fire in the oven, flooding in the restroom or laundry room, even mold damages, SERVPRO of Arcadia is always available to help!
We understand that when damages occur it can become very overwhelming and stressful. Here at SERVPRO we are here to help at all times, day and night. Our SERVPRO technicians take pride in being at any job location within the first hour of receiving the distress call. This first hour could be crucial to help mitigate damages from continuing and worsening. The sooner we are out the property the better the chances are of us salvaging your contents and structure.
We are open 24/7 for emergency services!
SERVPRO of Arcadia (626)447-4128
Punctuality is Key
SERVPRO is Always on Time
SERVPRO of Arcadia is always here to help! We know and understand that when we are called to a job site that timing is everything! First comes the customer, most times the customer is feeling all sorts of stressful emotions, frustrations, and even anger. When your team arrives fast and efficiently it gives ease to the customer that everything will be okay!
This is how SERVPRO prepares for jobs and how we stay ready for any disaster!
- Trucks stay fully stocked and loaded
- Cleaning products and operating supplies are maintained and ready for use
- Crews are debriefed each morning on open projects
- Equipment is cleaned daily after each use
- Office staff remains organized with all updated information
Those are just few key points of what happens behind the scenes with our SERVPRO teams.
Water Damage Process
The aftermath of a water, fire, sewage or mold related loss can sometimes be confusing. We are here to help you understand the process and explain all the steps involved when dealing with damages to your property. Each property, customer and client is treated differently depending on the type and extent of damages.
Here is the typical process we follow when you call in to our office with a water damage:
- Intake - We gather all contact, insurance and property information from you such as; Owner’s info, Loss Address, Contact info and insurance claim number. We ask questions like; Cause of Loss, Affected Rooms, types of flooring, etc…
- Scheduling - We schedule an initial inspection appointment with you within the hour of your phone call. If it’s not an urgent matter, future appointments are accepted.
- Inspection/Arrival Date - upon arrival we will assess the damages starting from the cause of loss. We will take moisture readings, photos and measurements of all affected areas and document the scope of work to be performed. If the damages are urgent, such as standing water, collapsed ceiling etc.. , we will immediately extract water, clean up and set up drying equipment.
- Insurance Approval - We take all the information gathered during the initial visit and send it to your insurance for coverage confirmation and approval to proceed.
- Demolition (if necessary) - When demolition is required, we gain approval first and schedule a crew to perform the removal of affected and damaged material
- Dry Out - Upon completion of demolition, equipment is reset to dry out the framing materials of your property.
- Completion - Once all materials have reached a drying goal, we do a final clean up of the areas, pick up equipment and document the moisture readings. We gather that information again and provide everything to your insurance for final billing.
We are happy to take the headache of dealing with all of this away from you. Our office is highly trained in walking you through the process every step of the way. Any questions you may have, please feel free to contact our office at 626-447-4128.
SERVPRO and Matterport!
SERVPRO of Arcadia now uses Matterport! Matterport is a 360 camera and software that allows us to capture detailed photos of your property. We piece those photos together to create a “virtual tour” of the property. The virtual tour then becomes available for us to share with you and your insurance company to review loss details, conditions and take proper measurements.
Due to COVID, many of us prefer virtual tours and Matterport has allowed us to provide that to our customers and insurance adjusters. We simply share the link and you will be able to click through the property and feel as if you were there in person!
Our Production Manager takes a preliminary Matterport scan of the property prior to any demolition or work performed. After completion of work, he visits the property again for a final scan. We use the two scans for reconstruction estimates and proper billing.
Matterport has become a vital part of our business because it gives our customers the complete feel of their project from start to finish.
When choosing a company to service your property, you should always choose the best! Here's why SERVPRO should be at the top of your list:
1. We are a 24-Hour Emergency Response Team
SERVPRO of Arcadia professionals will help limit the damage and get your facility back in operation QUICKLY! We have a 1-4-8 Service Response Guideline :
- Within 1 hour from the notice of loss SERVPRO of Arcadia will contact you to arrange for service.
- Within 4 hours SERVPRO of Arcadia Professionals will be on-site to start mitigation services.
- Within 8 business hours SERVPRO of Arcadia would have a verbal briefing of the scope.
SERVPRO of Arcadia will keep you informed from start to finish.
3. Reduce Recovery Time
By arriving quickly and mitigating the damage to the structure and contents. We provide effective cleanup and restoration services. SERVPRO of Arcadia will help you reopen the doors as soon as possible to get you back in business.
4. Lower Recovery Costs
We help you save money! Our quick response helps minimize secondary damage at your property which saves you thousands.
5. Emergency Response Profile
SERVPRO of Arcadia helps you plan for recovery before a disaster strikes! (See our other blog on "Getting Prepared" for more information)
6. Full Line of Services
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Humidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move Outs & Contents Restoration
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
- Ceilings, Walls and Hard Floors
- Bio-hazard and Crime Scene
7. A National Leader in Storm Response
We help when you need it the most!
SERVPRO is a national restoration company your clients and tenants know and trust!
Cleanup and Restoration Services
Did you know that SERVPRO of Arcadia is prepared to handle any kind of disaster? We want the business and homeowners to know that our highly trained specialists are on hand to take care of your emergency cleanup and restoration needs. We are a trusted leader in the restoration industry and have years of experience serving our community. Our ability to immediately respond to your emergency helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. We also can help manage the insurance paperwork and process. Here are some of the residential and commercial services we provide:
- Water damage cleanup and restoration
- Mold remediation and mitigation services
- Sewage cleanup
- Storm damage
- Building services
- Commercial water damage cleanup and restoration
- Fire damage cleanup and restoration
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Odor removal
- Biohazard removal
- Disaster Recovery Team
If you find yourself dealing with the aftermath of any of these disasters, SERVPRO of Arcadia wants to help. We are available 24 hours a day and our highly trained technicians have the specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore damage for residents and business owners. Call us today at (626) 447-4128 to find out about our cleanup and restoration services. We’ll take care of your damage “Like it never even happened.”
Are You Covered?
SERVPRO of Arcadia get's a lot of questions about insurance and if a loss is covered. Our staff is fully trained to know how to answer these questions. We are not insurance agents, but we have a lot of experience with several different types of claims over our 35 years in business. Each claim is treated individually. We take our time getting all the information about the loss and determining what the best course of action would be. We walk people through each step of the way.
Now for important tips for your insurance policy:
- Confirm you have an endorsement for sewer backup coverage. Sewer backups cause more damage than a regular water damage. As a restoration company, we also have to protect our employees with personal protective equipment, which includes additional charges as well.
- If you own an older home or building, make sure you have code upgrade insurance god forbid something happens that you need to upgrade your entire electrical system or plumbing system. Both systems can become extremely costly, so for a little bit extra a month in insurance, it is worth it.
- Additional Living Expense (ALE) is what is used if you have to move out of your house for a while to get the home rebuilt after any type of damage. ALE is used for hotels, food, or even a long term rental home. As you can imagine, this can become very pricey as well.
- If you are renting, have renters insurance, especially if you are in a multi-unit facility. You may never believe you will have a loss, but what if your neighbor falls asleep with a pan on the stove and it catches fire. Your entire apartment's contents may be non-salvageable. Your renter's insurance is what pays you back for your contents.
- When going to get renters insurance, be realistic on the price range of all of your personal belongings. Remember all the small items, as well. One bottle of spice is $3, but if you have 100 of them, that is $300. The money accumulates quickly, so do not skimp on the insurance.
- There are things in life you can get for cheap, insurance should not be one of them. Take your time, find the best agent, and get the right coverage.
SERVPRO of Arcadia is here to help with any questions you may have.
Why SERVPRO is Your First Choice
Any homeowner must be diligent when faced with flood damage, which is where restoration professionals come in handy. Returning to your property after a large thunderstorm can be a tedious process without the assistance of a trained team.
We follow specific steps following flood damage in your home. Our team at SERVPRO helps you work through these steps to ensure that the cleanup and restoration process flows smoothly. We always encourage homeowners and business owners to contact us directly after returning to a flood loss event. Our team can get to work immediately, taking photographic evidence of the damage and assessing the situation to get the cleanup underway. The longer the exposure that construction materials have to water and moisture from the flood, the more deterioration and decay take place.
With our initial assessment, SERVPRO gathers the information that helps your insurance company approve your damage claim in a timely fashion.
Our technicians at SERVPRO go through extensive training to understand all the best methods for commercial property flood damage cleanup and disaster restoration. We work to save you from costly replacements and potential dangers that health hazards floodwater poses. Us here at SERVPRO of Arcadia use proprietary methods of the latest tools, products, and technology.
Restoration After Flood Damage
Water wicks quickly throughout sheetrock, so repairing and removing damaged walls is elemental. SERVPRO puts a plan of action in place to help with any repairs of your home or commercial space to the preloss condition. There could be many threats to structural elements or from contamination that came inside with the floodwaters. Our technicians ensure that your property is safe before re-entry so that you can have added peace of mind.
No matter the type of flood damage you are faced with, our team at SERVPRO of Arcadia is here to help. Once you contact us, we can deploy a team of trained technicians as soon as possible to get to work with the assessment and restoration process. Give us a call today at (626) 447-4128.
When Are Pack-outs Needed?
Water damages can happen to anyone's home or business, and when one does happen, it may feel like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Fret not for SERVPRO of Arcadia has the knowledge and experience, to assess and address all aspects of water damage, from A to Z. The size or extent of damage, caused by the water loss, are factors that decide if a "Pack-out" is necessary. When one is needed, all items are photographed and inventoried. After all your items are inventoried, they are carefully placed into boxes. Then, they are given unique tags that make tracking and storing contents a breeze. Once they are transported to our warehouse, they are organized into large crates, where they await completion of reconstruction. Rest assured that SERVPRO of Arcadia is company, filled with professionals, that always strive to help those in need.
Fun Informative SERVPRO Events
Fun Booth Set up "Safety at Lake"
SERVPRO of Arcadia was featured as an Emergency Response vendor at Lake Ave Church's Emergency Preparedness Fair, "Safety @ Lake". This is our 4th year participating in this fun and informative event. Treasure, Marian and Levi make this event possible by bringing together local businesses that serve the great city of Pasadena. It was a day filled with workshops for adults as well as children, teaching the importance of being prepared for an emergency. Although there is no telling when or a disaster may strike, at least you know you can count on SERVPRO of Arcadia heroes to have your back. With over 1,600 locations nationwide your SERVPRO heroes are only a phone call away. We will help leave it, "Like it never even happened."