Water Damage Process
The aftermath of a water, fire, sewage or mold related loss can sometimes be confusing. We are here to help you understand the process and explain all the steps involved when dealing with damages to your property. Each property, customer and client is treated differently depending on the type and extent of damages.
Here is the typical process we follow when you call in to our office with a water damage:
- Intake - We gather all contact, insurance and property information from you such as; Owner’s info, Loss Address, Contact info and insurance claim number. We ask questions like; Cause of Loss, Affected Rooms, types of flooring, etc…
- Scheduling - We schedule an initial inspection appointment with you within the hour of your phone call. If it’s not an urgent matter, future appointments are accepted.
- Inspection/Arrival Date - upon arrival we will assess the damages starting from the cause of loss. We will take moisture readings, photos and measurements of all affected areas and document the scope of work to be performed. If the damages are urgent, such as standing water, collapsed ceiling etc.. , we will immediately extract water, clean up and set up drying equipment.
- Insurance Approval - We take all the information gathered during the initial visit and send it to your insurance for coverage confirmation and approval to proceed.
- Demolition (if necessary) - When demolition is required, we gain approval first and schedule a crew to perform the removal of affected and damaged material
- Dry Out - Upon completion of demolition, equipment is reset to dry out the framing materials of your property.
- Completion - Once all materials have reached a drying goal, we do a final clean up of the areas, pick up equipment and document the moisture readings. We gather that information again and provide everything to your insurance for final billing.
We are happy to take the headache of dealing with all of this away from you. Our office is highly trained in walking you through the process every step of the way. Any questions you may have, please feel free to contact our office at 626-447-4128.