Most Common House Fire Causes
Tragic fires have no bounds, they spread quickly and give no mind to your personal items and documents. As a top restoration company SERVPRO of Arcadia will be there to help restore your home and structure as if it never even happened. In extreme cases, we even do our best to restore some of your most important documents back to normal! In any case, no one enjoys their home catching fire so let's go over the most common causes so you can avoid any tragedies.
Here are the Top 5 Causes of Fires:
- Cigarettes - The reason this is at the top of the list is because it can be tragic for the person smoking. Most times it is because a person fell asleep with one in their hand. Sometimes a smoker may throw a lit cigarette into dry plants.
- Cooking - Accidents happen all the time in the kitchen, a towel may catch fire, you may over cook your food, water and oil may mix and cause large fires, and even cooking in the oven and forgetting the oven on.
- Candles - Dropping one near flammable items or lighting one near towels and plants.
- Space Heaters - Leaving these unattended can be detrimental depending on the flooring in your home.
- Electrical Fires - Get your wiring checked once a year to check for shorts and faults. Sometimes these fires can cause huge damages and the start quickly because they are almost hidden.