Always Be Prepared
Experiencing fire damage can be a very stressful situation. The leading cause of fires in a home or business most commonly occur when cooking or smoking. Fires can also caused by heating units and/or electrical issues.
After any fire damage, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the home?
- Electrical hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
Things you should do after a fire and smoke damage:
- Limit the movements in your home after a fire damage to prevent soot particles from spreading damage to upholstery and carpet.
- Keep your hands clean.
- Place dry towels on rugs, upholstery and carpet in high traffic areas.
- If you turn off the electricity completely empty the refrigerator and prop doors open.
- To prevent soot from sticking to chrome on kitchen/bathroom faucets or fixtures protect them by applying a small amount of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Change HVAC filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out the HVAC system.
No one ever expects to experience a fire, but if it does occur you can count on SERVPRO of Arcadia. Our technicians are well trained to cleanup and restore your home and/or business. We are available 24-hours 7 days a week to help you get your life back together.