Large loss at local Airport
This large loss was caused by an overnight storm. Over 12" of water affected nearly 7,000 sq ft. of office space, lobby and break-room areas.
We received the call early Friday morning and within an hour we had a crew on-site. They began the mitigation process by removing carpets, baseboards and cutting walls. Once that phase was complete our crew began the drying process by placing air movers and utilizing our desiccant. We used two generators to minimize any business interruption. After six days the drying process was completed and ready for reconstruction.
At SERVPRO of Arcadia we specialize in effective drying procedures with our state of the art equipment. Our technicians are all certified and ready to assist with any size damage. We are a 24- Hour emergency response service. We leave it, "Like it never even happened."
Key tips to guide you through the aftermath of a fire.
A fire in your home or business can be very devastating. After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely suffer from fire/smoke damage and also widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. Here are some tips what to do after the fire.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
Call the professionals at SERVPRO to get the damage under control. Fire and water damage can leave your house unsafe and unlivable. WE are trained to clean and restore your home with as little disruption as possible.
Commercial water loss
We received a call from our valued customer who had experienced a water damage. The cause of loss was due to a break in the kitchen supply line which comes directly down from the upstairs break room. The water began to seep through the sub floor and eventually made its way to multiple offices. SERVPRO of Arcadia was onsite in under an hour and immediately started extracting water. The following day our crew was onsite continuing the demolition of affected materials. Our next phase will consist of allowing the structure to dry with the help our dehumidifiers and air movers. This will prepare the building for the reconstruction phase. At the end of the day we helped put this customer back in business leaving it, "Like it never even happened."
The cause of loss was due to a fire sprinkler pipe that broke. As a result, four feet of water flooded the basement, affected the walls and content that were also in the basement. Our SERVPRO technicians knew exactly what to do. We first endured the customer that we had everything under control and we restore all content and completely dry out the basement. We did exactly that! Extracting the water comes first, we must then cut and dry the walls to make sure there is no moisture left, because then mold can start to grow. While the walls are being dried, we move onto to the contents. The contents were papers that had value to the homeowner. With extreme caution and the right equipment, we were able to restore all the content with out destroying them.
SERVPRO of Arcadia just wants to remind you that we do water remediation services as well as content drying.
Water Mitigation Leads to Mold Remediation
A job usually turns into a mold remediation after the affected area has experienced some type of water damage. That’s why it’s important to contact SERVORO right away to get started on fixing the problem before it gets worse.
Primary loss site is the kitchen. The walls and cabinets in the kitchen had high moisture readings. We had then learned that the water traveled to other rooms, so we immediately ran our moisture tests and discovered moisture in the other rooms. Once we got permission to remove the hard would floor, we saw that mold had started to grow. The picture is of mold underneath a staircase where the water traveled down to. The mold remediation process has now begun. Our technicians must remove the mold off both the walls and studs. Mold remediation must be done with extreme caution to ensure the mold can’t affect any other areas.
Always Be Prepared
Experiencing fire damage can be a very stressful situation. The leading cause of fires in a home or business most commonly occur when cooking or smoking, heating units and/or electrical issues.
After any fire damage, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the home?
- Electrical hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
Things you should do after a fire and smoke damage:
- Limit the movements in your home after a fire damage to prevent soot particles from spreading damage to upholstery and carpet.
- Place dry towels on rugs, upholstery and carpet in high traffic areas.
- If you turn off the electricity completely empty the refrigerator and prop doors open.
- To prevent soot from sticking to chrome on kitchen/bathroom faucets or fixtures protect them by applying a small amount of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out the HVAC system.
No one ever expects to experience a fire damage, but if it does occur you can count on SERVPRO of Pasadena North. Our technicians are well trained to cleanup and restore your home and/or business. We are available 24-hours 7 days a week to help you get your life back together.
Did you know that floods are the most common natural disaster in the U.S.?
Heavy rainstorms can cause significant flooding, contributing to flash floods, mudslides and overflowing levees or dams. Although, not always common California does experience heavy rain from time to time. This could potentially put property like your home or business at risk.
Tips to help your home or business avoid flooding:
- Install rain gutters and other drainage. systems. (Clean out rain gutters frequently)
- Fix any leaks IMMEDIATELY.
- Extra roof protection by investing and installing a rubber roof underlayment. (waterproof barrier that goes under the shingles and protects the roof from water intrusion.)
Tips for drivers during the rain season
- Avoid cruise control (This feature works great in dry conditions, but when used in wet conditions, the chance of losing control of the vehicle can increase)
- When driving, slow down and leave room in front of you (Slowing down during wet weather is critical in reducing a car’s chance of hydroplaning.)
If you do experience flood damage in your home or business SERVPRO of Arcadia is here to help leave it, "Like it never even happened."
Call us at (626)447-4111.
What You Should Know About Mold
Mold is very interesting, but gross at the same time. We here at SERVPRO want you to know if you have a mold problem, we can take care of it. However, there are some things about mold that you should know. When you hear the term "black mold", you may think that its very harmful. What you should know is that mold can be all colors and its color doesn't dictate how harmful it may be. The color of mold may vary, due to whatever type of material it is consuming. Mold releases spores and may cause an allergic reactions, no matter what color or what type of mold it is.
Just keep in mind SERVPRO of Arcadia, has highly trained technicians who specialize in mold remediation.
Not All Heroes Wear Capes
1. We are a 24-Hour Emergency Response Team
SERVPRO of Arcadia professionals will help limit the damage and get your facility back in operation QUICKLY! We have a 1-4-8 Service Response Guideline :
- Within 1 hour from the notice of loss SERVPRO of Arcadia will contact you to arrange for service.
- Within 4 hours SERVPRO of Arcadia Professionals will be on-site to start mitigation services.
- Within 8 business hours SERVPRO of Arcadia would have a verbal briefing of the scope.
SERVPRO of Arcadia will keep you informed from start to finish.
3. Reduce Recovery Time
By arriving quickly and addressing the mitigating damage to the structure and contents, and providing effective cleanup and restoration services. SERVPRO of Arcadia will help you reopen the doors as soon as possible.
4. Lower Recovery Costs
We help you save money! Our quick response helps minimize secondary damage at your property which saves you thousands.
5. Emergency Response Profile
SERVPRO of Arcadia helps you plan for recovery before a disaster strikes! (See our other blog on "Getting Prepared" for more information)
6. Full Line of Services
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Humidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move Outs & Contents Restoration
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
- Ceilings, Walls and Hard Floors
- Bio-hazard and Crime Scene
7. A National Leader in Storm Response
We help when you need it the most!
SERVPRO is a national restoration company your clients and tenants know and trust!
Fire, Smoke, Soot, and Ash Cleanup
If you’ve every experienced a home fire, then you know how devastating it can be. A house fire is something no one everyone should experience. However, if a fire were to occur, SERVPRO of Arcadia specializes in fire cleanup and restoration.
After a fire has occurred smoke, ash, soot, and a smoky odor are most likely what’s going to be left behind. Not only are they harmful to your home, the aftermath of a fire can also be a harmful to your health. We advise you to just sit back and let the professionals handle the situation. Our crew members are highly trained and know exactly how to treat a fire damage after it has occurred. Taking matters into your own hands may only make the situation worse and even cause you health issues.
SERVPRO of Arcadia is here to help. Call (626) 447-4111, for any concerns you may have about a home fire.