Memorial Day 2017
Arcadia County Park
This year, Memorial Day is on Monday May 29, 2017. It is recognized as an observed federal holiday and a day when we take the time to remember and thank the men and women who died serving our country.
SERVPRO of Arcadia is proud to be a part of a community who pays tribute to the men and women of our Armed Forces. The City of Arcadia proudly recognizes Our Fallen Heroes by displaying American flags alongside the Arcadia County Park located at 405 S. Santa Anita, Ca 91006.
We would like to take the time to honor the men and women of our Armed Forces. We thank you for your service and for protecting our great country!
"Gone but never forgotten"
Undiscovered leaks don't just DAMAGE your business.They damage your BOTTOM LINE
Leaks from pipping, roofs and other overlooked areas can cause water damage that can go unnoticed for an extended period of time. Attempting to clean up water from a leak can lead to further damage or contamination if not handled properly. SERVPRO's trained Franchise Professionals are equipped to provide a full line of cleanup and restoration services to handle water damage. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help protect your property and equipment from further damage.
So, before you risk further damage by attempting to cleanup the water yourself, contact SERVPRO of Arcadia at (626) 447-4128.
2017 Arcadia Firefighters Association Pancake Breakfast
2017 Arcadia Firefighters Association Pancake Breakfast
It was an honor to be a part of the 20th Annual Arcadia Firefighters Association Pancake Breakfast.
The day was filled with delicious food, emergency preparedness education and fun activities for the children. SERVPRO of Arcadia gave away free Fire Safety coloring books to the children. It was a real hit!
The Firefighters of the City of Arcadia work very diligently to promote fire safety and keep the community safe from fires and other hazards. They're the epitome of true heroes and are selfless when it comes to serving their community.
Airport Water Loss
California experienced many storms this year. One of which caused significant damage to one of our local airports. Over 12" of water affected nearly 7,000 sq ft. of office space, lobby and break-room areas.
We received the call early Friday morning and within an hour we had a crew on-site. They began the mitigation process by removing carpets, baseboards and cutting walls. Once that phase was complete our crew began the drying process by placing air movers and utilizing our desiccant. We used two generators to minimize any business interruption. After six days the drying process was completes and ready for reconstruction.
When Does Fire Damage Warrant a Call to a Professional?
Fires can be especially devastating to your home or business. After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely suffer from not only fire and smoke damage, but also widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. Here are some tips what to do after the fire.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
Call the professionals at SERVPRO to get the damage under control. Fire and water damage can leave your house unsafe and unlivable. WE are trained to clean and restore your home with as little disruption as possible.
Commercial Water Damage
Commercial Building in Pasadena, CA
On March 13th, 2017 we received a call from our valued customer who had experienced a water damage. The water loss was caused a break in the kitchen supply line from the upstairs break room. The water then traveled through the sub-floor and down to the offices below. SERVPRO of Arcadia was onsite in under an hour and immediately started extracting water. The following day our crew was onsite continuing the demolition of affected materials. Our next phase will consist of allowing the structure to dry with the help our dehumidifiers and air movers. This will prepare the building for the reconstruction phase. At the end of the day we helped put this customer back in business leaving it, "Like it never even happened."
Safety @ Lake
Lake Ave Church Safety @ Lake. Pasadena, CA
On January 25th, 2017 SERVPRO of Pasadena North was featured as an Emergency Response vendor at Lave Ave Church's Emergency Preparedness Fair, "Safety @ Lake". This was our 3rd year participating in this fun and informative event. Treasure, Marian and Levi make this event possible by bringing together local businesses that serve the great city of Pasadena. It was a day filled with workshops for adults as well as children, teaching the importance of being prepared for an emergency. Although, we do not know when the next disaster might happen at least you know you can count on your local SERVPRO of Pasadena North heroes to save the day! With over 1,600 locations nationwide your SERVPRO heroes are only a phone call away. We will help leave it, "Like it never even happened".
SERVPRO of Arcadia Warehouse Facility.
One of the most challenging times you may experience, is when your home or business is affected by a water damage. As difficult as it may be during a time like this, you can count on your local SERVPRO of Arcadia heroes to save the day. Depending on the size or extend of the damage caused by the water loss, we may have remove all the contents from the affected area. You can trust our professional staff to pack, inventory, and store your contents in our warehouse facility. We take a detailed inventory of your contents which includes photos and we provide you with an electronic copy. So in the event that you may need essential items from your storage we easily pull them out.
Did you know that floods are the most common natural disaster in the U.S.?
Heavy rainstorms can cause significant flooding, contributing to flash floods, mudslides and overflowing levees or dams. Although, not always common California does experience heavy rain from time to time. This could potentially put property like your home or business at risk.
Tips to help your home or business avoid flooding:
- Install rain gutters and other drainage. systems. (Clean out rain gutters frequently)
- Fix any leaks IMMEDIATELY.
- Extra roof protection by investing and installing a rubber roof underlayment. (waterproof barrier that goes under the shingles and protects the roof from water intrusion.)
Tips for drivers during the rain season
- Avoid cruise control (This feature works great in dry conditions, but when used in wet conditions, the chance of losing control of the vehicle can increase)
- When driving, slow down and leave room in front of you (Slowing down during wet weather is critical in reducing a car’s chance of hydroplaning.)
If you do experience flood damage in your home or business SERVPRO of Arcadia is here to help leave it, "Like it never even happened."
Call us at (626)447-4128.
Christmas Tree Safety
Although, Christmas tree fires are not common. When they do occur, they can pose serious damage. Christmas trees can catch fire quickly and spread rapidly throughout the home. Here are some tips on what to do when shopping for a Christmas tree and when placing it at home!
When picking the tree
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched.
Placing the tree
- Before placing the tree in the stand, cut 2" from the base of the trunk.
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights.
- Make sure the tree is not blocking an exit.
- Add water to the tree stand. Be sure to add water daily.
Lighting the tree
- Use lights that have the label of an independent testing laboratory. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer's instructions for number of light strands to connect.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree.
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Dispose of tree after Christmas. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home.
Check with your local community to find a recycling program. Bring outdoor electrical lights inside after the holidays to prevent hazards and make them last longer!
Have a Happy and Safe Holiday from SERVPRO of Arcadia!