Key tips to guide you through the aftermath of a fire.
A fire in your home or business can be very devastating. After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely suffer from fire/smoke damage and also widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. Here are some tips what to do after the fire.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
Call the professionals at SERVPRO to get the damage under control. Fire and water damage can leave your house unsafe and unlivable. WE are trained to clean and restore your home with as little disruption as possible.